[OM] Re: [OT] Space shuttle

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Space shuttle
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:11:24
During a business trip to Chicago in 1989 I took the boat tour of the river and lake. The guide described every building and site of any interest at all, but the Morton Thiokol (the contractor primarily responsible for the Challenger disaster) corporate office, clearly visible from the boat, was prominent by omission.

Perhaps it was in poor taste but before I could stop myself I asked the guide rather loudly "What does Morton Thiokol do?"

At least I didn't finish by saying "...besides blow up astronauts..."

Lex Jenkins