[OM] Tripod question

Subject: [OM] Tripod question
From: "Michael Virsinger" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:16:57 -0500
I have a quick tripod question for the group. I needed a lightweight tripod
that was not of the mega-buck carbon fiber kind. I would like to keep it in
the trunk of my car so I always have it and not dread carrying it around
because of the weight. I bought a Slik U 9000 because it had a lot of the
features I was looking for: light, both rubber and spiked feet, level, quick
release and video capable. I thought it was a steal at around $40. My
question is (while I still have time to return it) is this a decent tripod
or is there a better value out there for a light photo tripod?

Thanks,

Mike V.