Re: (Fwd) RE: [OM] OT eBay Fees

Subject: Re: (Fwd) RE: [OM] OT eBay Fees
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:26:08 EST
In a message dated 1/31/01 4:41:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I will stop using eBay if they impose subscriptions. >>

The only "subsciption" I could envision them instating would be one for
sellers, not for bidders. I could see this happening easily, as no other
auction format has been anywhere near as successful...and, while many of us
would squeal, we all have to admit that we've gotten this function at a level
very close to cost-free.....try using a "real' auction house or selling thru
consignment and relinquishing up to 50-600f the value. I always see people
griping about eBay, yet rarely does anyone think of how marvelous a function
it has been for everyone to unload unwanted "treasures" and to open gateways
to goods that you may never have been able to access in your particular
geographical location.

Even if they do initiate a small "registration fee" or "subscription", I'll
be interested in hearing (from those of you that would oppose) where else you
think you can gain that kind of exposure or net profit.

I love the way that online bulletin claims that Ebay is only 90
0.000000e+00ffective in
a "norm" of 99% "in that industry"..I say, as opposed to what?? What other
online server is that a comparison of? To compare an operation to the
"general" industry providing web pages and list servers is  bit ridiculous.
I've always been amazed that it isn't hacked and messed with a heck of a lot
more.

A lot of this follows the "glass half full" or "glass half empty" quandry..I
just prefer the later, thank you. I will always be thankful that an avenue
came to me in my 'middle years' to allow me to reinstate my "Lympus
Lust"...and to take this fetish beyond my wildest expectations.
Susan

Susan Steele
Virginia USA