Re: [OM] Re: 28mm question

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 28mm question
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:31:34 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, mbachofen wrote:

> Howdy,
>       I have a Sigma 28mm lens, which I've used quite a bit on my
> OM1n.  I'd like to use it on my 4T, but I'm scared.  It has only 3
> screws on the lens mount, which is good, but it has those little
> divots in the metal.  I don't know what they're called.  One of thems
> appears to line up _exactly_ with the mounting button indicator on the
> 4T.  I'm afraid it will rip off the tip of the button.  Is there a way
> to fill this little divot?

Well I used this method with the offending screw on a Tamron OM mount:
fill pour a drop of quick set epoxy over the screw & let it flow into
the crevices.  Wait about 20 mins and then press it flat with a lightly
greased (so it won't stick) flat metal object.  Scrape of the excess to
leave a flat surface then replace the flat metal object & leave it there
overnight whilst the epoxy sets.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |