(Fwd) RE: [OM] OT eBay Fees

Subject: (Fwd) RE: [OM] OT eBay Fees
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:57:15 +0000

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:12:11 -0800
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [OM] OT eBay Fees

Warren K. writes

<< I heard on the radio yesterday that eBay is going to start charging
subscription fees. >>

No peep of that on TAGnotes (The Auction Guide), which is a must get,
nearly daily newletter for serious online auction buyers and sellers.
To sub*scribe, go to:
http://www.auctionguild.com/

Trust me, these guys and gals don't miss anything. You will be amazed at
how they document outages well beyond the official statements of time that
an auction site was down. (eBay has been flat out lying about some recent
"official" <2 hr. outages). And if a fee gets changed or imposed, you get a
behind the scenes take, albeit a cynical bent, on what's up and who is
getting greedy. Same is true of payment services, like Billpoint or PayPal.
They have sure taken their shots at PayPal's Achilles Heel's over the past
year - like non-FDIC insured accounts, untrained call center employees, fee
implementations without a promised two week notice and broken "no fee"
promises.  Their statistics are great. Like how eBay  inflates the number
of auctions by counting multiple catagory auctions twice. Try also track
usage.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV