Re: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle - enough of the spectacle!

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle - enough of the spectacle!
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:28:21 EST
I agree on your observation that we don't "need" gruesome photos in the
papers, but, for me, this discussion is not about "let's see the photos of
the Challenger victims in their seats at the bottom of the ocean"  No, it's
more about the sham of an "investigation" and the lies put forth by
government agencies both to protect their big $$$ programs, and to "protect"
it's citizens from the truth. No, I don't need the gruesome details, and may
choose not to view them if I wish, but in a free society it should be "my"
choice, not the government's.  Definitely not pertinent to the OM list, but
also not unimportant to citizens of a free society.

George S.

imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I think that this comes into the category of information that *none*
 of us needed to know.

 Reminds me of the totally unnecessary photograph of an ejection seat,
 still occupied, in a national English newspaper after a Canberra
 crashed near a Huntingdon housing estate in the early 80s.  That was
 a spectacle that we did not need to have; this story, true or not, is
 also totally unnecessary and your travelling companion did not need
 to share his, privileged, information.