Re: [OM] eSIF

Subject: Re: [OM] eSIF
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:55:47 -0700
At 01:14 PM 1/29/01 +0100, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

[snip]

Regarding the eSIF: yesterday I was in the process of changing the looks of the eSIF frontpage when the nbci ftp server crashed; the eSIF also wasn't available
for the rest of the day, so the changes I had uploaded were temporary and
incomplete. I was able to finish the upload this morning. And no there is no
mirror yet.

Man, I'm feeling guilty, which is why I'm posting this publicly (my equivalent of whipping myself in public).

Hans, I know I offered to mirror the eSIF a while ago, and I believe you accepted my offer, but I never got back to you. My apologies. The hold-up is that some of my partners are worried that the eSIF might produce an unbearable increase in the traffic of the server I have in mind, for which no one would receive any compensation, though we'd pay for the increased bandwidth.

How much is the monthly total (in Megs) of downloads from the eSIF at present? What I propose is that we set up a mirror on a trial basis, sing the same server that the Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery is on, and if my partners scream too loudly, we can always roll it back. (Alternatively, I may have another server solution in a few weeks). Does this sound acceptable to you?

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/