Re: [OM] Another high-tech flash diffuser

Subject: Re: [OM] Another high-tech flash diffuser
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:24:50 -0800
Very pleasant and soft results. Added plus, it's not so hard to get a smile
from your subject.

To compare the pie pan and the milk jug, I'd venture to say that the pie pan is
more diffuse and the milk jug, though soft, is more direct due to the direction
of the flash tube. In the pie pan the light is fired up into the aluminum and
reflected throught the plate. Good reasons to use either, given a particular
situation.

But I stll think it's easier to polish off a lemon creme pie than a jug of milk
to get on with the photo session! I wonder what other products we might employ
for special flash effects such as diffusing, directing and reflecting? How
about a used toilet paper tube? (that could take a while to use up, unless it's
the day following Cinco de Mayo) Cut a hole in the top of a butter tub or cool
whip container and fire through the bottom? Crinkled aluminum foil as a close
to subject reflector? There's got to be something else to use in that pantry!

-Mickey