RE: [OM] Re: 350mm F2.8 (now OT, PacNW)

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: 350mm F2.8 (now OT, PacNW)
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:33:12 -0800
John Raymond griped

> ..."but as someone else mentioned on the list, traffic is unreal from here to
> Seattle and north
> so it is becoming urban hell like many know too well."

Jim T says:

> Careful John... I'm an active and regular participant in that urban hell you
> mention (Kirkland to Everett and vice versa daily) I still maintain that the
> daily view from most of the commutes around here
> at least HELP to defray the frustration of it all.

Well, John, Jim, et.al. I think I've got the commute to die for. For
example, this morning as I was slowly driving along, no traffic (none,
zero cars), admiring the freighter traffic in the straits and the
Olympics and Cascades in the background and the sunrise on a certain NW
city when what do I come upon but two bald eagles sitting in a tree by
the road with the aforementioned as backdrop. Wow! What a photo says I.
But wait! WHAP! (sound of palm smacking forehead) my camera is still
sitting on the counter at home. Oh well, it'll be here tomorrow and with
the whales too, maybe, I'll just enjoy the drive today.

mike

ps: I'll start remembering the camera and post a few pictures for you
other poor suckers (gloat) :>)