RE: [OM] Re: [OT] bikes (long)

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: [OT] bikes (long)
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:13:56 -0800
In a message dated 1/24/2001 "M. Stephens" <mike1964@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< Cool - another Kestrel owner on the list! >>

It's my wife's now. It is an old Kestrel 4000 built in nearby
Watsonville, CA before Kestrel was sold to a Japanese company (and has
since been sold back to the original owners and is now back in
Watsonville). I cracked it at the head tube to down tube connection. The
factory put enough carbon there to "make sure it never broke there
again" and re-painted it Saturn Blue (super dark blue, almost black).
They also put a carbon EMS fork on to replace the Tange fork it had
originaly. Sweet ride...so smooth, but not suitable for a heavy rider
with sprinter's legs, hence my going back to tried and true Italian
steel at the time. Kestrel makes some very nice frames, I like 'em cuz
they're local too.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com