Re: [OM] [ot] computer guru help!

Subject: Re: [OM] [ot] computer guru help!
From: "Enrique Cabrera" <qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:53:17 +0100
Once Upon a 22 Jan 01, Acer V wrote me about [OM] [ot] computer guru help!
something like:

> how do i get back all those msgs from opera to the good old unix
> server? anytime i log in from opera, it takes everything off the server.

Don't know about the Opera e-mail format, but copying files into the
Unix server just won't work -I may be wrong, but then, you would be
so lucky-. Why don't you forward all e-mail to your account at the
university and close Opera? Not elegant, not even decent solution,
but it'll work. I've done it myself a couple of times (different
actors, same roles). If Opera forwards mails correctly you'll have
exact replicas of the original messages.

Sorry for stating the obvious.

Cheers

PS: The only other solution I can think of is going down deep into
Opera's file structure, grab the messages out (suposing they're not
compressed) and somehow formatting them into the plain text Pine
format (maybe writing some code would do the trick). I don't think is
worth the hassle.

Quique (Enrique Cabrera)       qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx

A real Nowhere Man, sitting in his Nowhereland
The Spanish Beatles page          http://www.upv.es/beatles
The Ultimate Beatles Archives     http://www.gmf.upv.es/beatles
      THE END         (And,in the end, the love you take
                            is equal to the love you make)