Re: [OM] digest is mostly garbage text

Subject: Re: [OM] digest is mostly garbage text
From: Simon E <ruralwales@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:28:36 -0800 (PST)
>Do any other digest readers have this problem? Digest seems to be 75%+
>extraneous quote, html code and indecipherable gobbledygook. It's really
>hard to actually find that kernel in all the chafe.

Yeah, but nobody takes any notice. Polite requests to trim quotes are ignored,
in fact I think they get bigger. That's why I get three or more digests a day,
which between them contain half a dozen interesting posts, lots of quotes and a
number of ugly jibes about Tom's buying habits, which find unsettling. If
people want to flame someone, it would be more bearable for the rest of us if
they took it off-list.

Simon E.