[OM] Re: [OT] - what's the value of the Digest

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] - what's the value of the Digest
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:01:39
I no longer receive either the digest or individual posts in my mailbox - Hotmail accounts are too small to handle the volume.

But I check the archived digests daily. W-a-a-a-y faster to download and browse through since around 50K of messages are included on each one-page digest.

The only drawback is that there's a longer lag time between the time folks post messages and those posts are available in the archives. Not a big deal for me.

It also makes irrelevant the occasional problems with HTML and other garbledygoop - I just hit the PgDn key and keep rollin'.

The downside for those who administer the list is that if enough of us did this they might mistakenly believe that fewer people were interested in the list. I may not be a subscriber, but I still pick up my issues at the newsstand. ;>

BTW, oddly enough, some of Chris O'Neill's posts to the list wind up in my bulk (read: junk, spam) mailbox. No offense, Chris, but I prefer Canadian bacon to spam.

Lex
===