[OM] New group created - TamronLenses@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [OM] New group created - TamronLenses@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Blaise Monahon <peterblaise@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:20:39 -0500
Cc: "800siusers@xxxxxxxxxxx" <800siusers@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "manualminolta@xxxxxxxxxxx" <manualminolta@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Maxxum9@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Maxxum9@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "minolta-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <minolta-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Minolta7@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Minolta7@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "minoltaphotography@xxxxxxxxxxx" <minoltaphotography@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "MinoltaXK@xxxxxxxxxxx" <MinoltaXK@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "om olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxx" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "photography-techniques@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <photography-techniques@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sigma-Lenses@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Sigma-Lenses@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "TheSLRlist@xxxxxxxxxxx" <TheSLRlist@xxxxxxxxxxx>, learnphotography@xxxxxxxxxxx, soligor@xxxxxxxxxxx, theminoltians@xxxxxxxxxxx

    FYI For Your Information, I've created a new photography group list
today called Tamron Lenses.  Check it out if you are interested, and
share your Tamron Lenses stories, questions and answers.  I don't expect
a deluge, but I hope those interested in Tamron Lenses feel welcome to
have a place to connect with each other.

    Here's the obtuse address:

        http://www.smartgroups.com/group/group.cfm?GID=405938

    or go to

        http://www.smartgroups.com

    and in [Find a Group] type "tamron" and click [FIND] ... and you are
there!

    Here's the "Tamron Lenses" group lead in:

    TAMRON LENSES and TAMRON PHOTOGRAPHY:  In 1957, Uhyoue Tamura (the
"T" in the ubiquitous "T-mount" lens mount) designed and released the
world's first interchangeable lens mount for SLR Single Lens Reflex
cameras, the ever popular T-Mount, through his company then named Taisei
Optical Equipment Manufacturing Inc., registering the "Tamron" trademark
in 1961, and renaming the company "Tamron Co., Ltd." in 1970.  Tamron
has made top quality affordable lenses for 35mm SLR Single Lens Reflex
cameras for years, and continues to be one of the rare sources for
quality Manual Focus lenses in an otherwise Auto Focus world.  To get
the most from your current or prospective Manual Focus or Auto Focus
Tamron lenses, why not connect with experienced Tamron owners and users
to exchange questions and answers?  Personal experience preferred, but
links to other resources are helpful, too, so share and ask away!  See
also http://www.tamron.com  (Note: this independent list is NOT
associated with Tamron Co., Ltd.)

    See you there if you care!

--
Peter Blaise Monahon  -  Voice: 703-845-1556
 APC American Personal Computing ... PC Support in Plain Language since