Re: [OM] Tamron Adaptall mounts

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron Adaptall mounts
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 16:22:40 EST
I've always just held the lens off the camera body and used the red index dot
for reference and rotated it like I was actually mounting the lens. After a
try or two I think you can eyeball if the lens screw will cross the reset
button on the body. Hold your thumb at the edge of the lens at the location
of the screw, and watch how far your thumb moves "up" when turning the lens.
I think there's a way ( number of lensmount screws?) to just look at the
lensmount and tell if it will be an offender,
( should be in the archives) but I can never recall correctly and just use
the above method.

Regards
George S.

NSURIT@xxxxxxx writes:

<< The OM 4 is on the way and seems to me there is a problem with the
Adaptall
 mount playing hell with the OM 4.  How can you tell before you mount the
lens
 which adaptall mount is going to ruin your camera?  Bill Barber