Re: [OM] [OT] weird mail experience

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] weird mail experience
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:15:31 -0500
I once received an opened birthday card sealed in a large envelope with a note attached indicating it had been found in a seldom used area of a post office and had been used as evidence against a postal employee who was opening mail and removing valuables. I was happy to have "helped" remove a dishonest postal worker. It is hard to believe that we can send mail for as little as we pay, and with the dependability we expect.

Gregg

Mickey wrote:
Alan,
Perhaps the package was delivered to the wrong household, opened (for
whatever reason), and later placed in your mailbox with other incoming mail?
Mail carriers are not perfect, and neighbors aren't any better.