Re: [OM] Do 21mm Zuiko's give you fish-eye effect?

Subject: Re: [OM] Do 21mm Zuiko's give you fish-eye effect?
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:39:48 -0600
At 04:55 PM 1/18/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm trying to find the widest lens that still yields a flat image...
>24mm?  Or does 21mm yield still, a flat image?
>
>Thanks!
>Albert

It's rectilinear.
The widest rectilinear is the Voigtlander 12mm.
The widest rectilinear SLR lens is the Nikkor 13mm.
The widest rectilinear Zuiko is the 18mm.
I'm not sure if the Sigma 14mm was available in OM mount. There is a 17mm
Tamron.
This assumes the lenses actually have the focal length marked. 3rd party
makers sometimes exaggerate a bit.

Paul