[OM] Lessons learned from eBay

Subject: [OM] Lessons learned from eBay
From: Kelton Rhoads <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:24:24 -0800
I would like to pass along an important thing that I've learned from my
eBay dealings. It's important, when you buy a lens or a camera body, to
ask the seller for the serial number of the item BEFORE the item is
shipped to you. Having a record of the SN of the item beforehand can
potentially save you a great deal of trouble later on in the deal, and is
important to have so that you and the seller can be certain you are
referring to the same product if the need arises subsequently. --Kelton