Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement (OT)
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:47:13 -0800
I looked yesterday and found a few of mine there as well. One was some
graphic thing I didn't recognize as mine (but came up under my name)
another was a digital photo I took for a laundry flush manifold at my
day job (wierd) and a few more were from Motor Sport Visions. The
MSVPhoto images did indeed have my name on them but no other copyright
info and linked only to a larger image within Lycos, not to my website
nor was there any link to my website. This is clearly copyright
infringement and stealing of our images for use on a commercial website
(check out some stock photo database usage rates for thumbs and fullsize
images on international commercial sites and you will quickly see that
this is big bucks they are ripping us off for) but it will take a
village (as they say) of us photographers to go after Lycos in a class
action suit.

What in a way surprises me is that I heard it here first, rather than a
stock photo newsletter I get periodically. Meanwhile...anyone wanting to
band together and take on big bad Lycos in this? I would not be oppsed
to what they are doing if it were 1. with my permission, and 2. proper
copyright acknowledgement with link back to my site were included.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com