Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2109

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2109
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:43:04 -0700
On 15 Jan 2001, at 11:23, miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> As far as OM10's, I got started in Zuikography a few decades ago when a
> used OM-10 w/manual adapter and included 50/1.8 for something like $65
> or so...

[Snip!]

> The fact is that I've quite recently seen perfectly serviceable OM-10's
> with standard lens for little more than the above example.

Me, too.  Makes me wanna get out my credit card but, alas, there's a
little matter of an overdone credit limit!  (SIGH!)

> Even though the OM-10 gets little respect these days, it's still a quite
> competent little camera. It's far more versitle than similarly priced
> P&S cameras. And I question how many plastic P&S cameras will still be
> working in 20 years.

AMEN!!!!!

Regards,

Chris (Who still LOVES his OM-10, even though he usually shoots with
an OM-2 these days)

P.S.  My 18 year-old son is having a BLAST with the black OM-10FC,
manual adaptor, and lowly 50/1.8 that I got him for Christmas (thanks,
again, Tom!).  And, it was less than the Olympus Newpic 60 APS that I
bought for my 16 year-old daughter.

Yeah, I know...  I *should* be ashamed of myself for "hooking" youth.  :-)