Re: [OM] Zuiko 55/1.2 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 55/1.2 Lens
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 08:50:09 -0700
On 14 Jan 2001, at 3:37, Larry wrote:

> And people constantly naming ridiculous prices as "great" prices.  "Oh, its
> at $$$ its a good price, but at $$$ its a GREAT price." both being high. If
> we start advising lower prices, they'll drop at least a bit.

Hmmmm....  a couple of comments come to mind.

1.  Anytime I've seen anyone mention prices, they've been pretty bang
on at least in my experience.  I think if someone quoted something that
was out of line with market value, others would probably jump in and
correct it.

2.  If what you mean by "high" is "higher than you can afford," you're not
alone.  I can't afford some of the more exotic stuff, either, but that
doesn't mean it's high...  it just means I can't afford it.  'Nuther words,
stuff sells for what the market will bear.

3.  I doubt that this list has all *that* much influences on prices.  It's a
big world out there, and while we're significant in number, there's alot
more people out there buying the stuff than us.

Just my $0.01333  (CDN$0.02 converted to US$) worth.  Of course,
you're welcome to disagree.

Regards,

Chris
(Who *still* wishes the 350/2.8 were selling for US$50)

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill