[OM] Re: [OT] Buy OM your life may depend on it

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Buy OM your life may depend on it
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 05:53:32
Reminds me of a story I covered when I was a reporter. Some residents of a small town west of Fort Worth were complaining about a "rattlesnake invasion". They blamed a neighbor who kept snakes in a metal storage building, which was sealed tightly enough to prevent a flea from entering or leaving, as far as I could tell. Anyway, the snakes were all kept in pens as well.

The fellow's home was in a relatively new subdivision located in what used to be undeveloped prairie near a large nature center. He told me he was able to routinely find rattlers and mocassins just by looking around his neighborhood.

The punchline came when one woman, whose accent told me she wasn't a native Texan, exclaimed: "My understanding is that rattlesnakes are not indigenous to Texas!"

Yeah, well, neither are nitwits.  They just seem to migrate here.
===
Lex
"Every day in every way I am forced to add to the list of people who are a pain in my ass!"

Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:37:17 -0800
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

..I overheard a conversation a tourist was having with the park ranger. she was shocked that there were real live bears within the park confines!