Re: [OM] Re: Do you like your P&S?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Do you like your P&S?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:00:40 +0100
: > My ideal P&S would either have a silent winder or a thumbwheel winder
like
: > the XAs.  Dunno why 35mm P&Ss can't make winders silent like the APS
: > versions.  AF would be backed up by manual zone focus in case the
battery
: > died.  Likewise the autoexposure would be backed up by a single shutter
: > speed and a choice of three or so f/stops...
:
: My Ricoh GR1 is almost silent in operation and if there's traffic about,
or
: if it's windy, I have to check the exposure counter to make sure it's made
: the exposure. It's as dead as a doornail with a flat battery though.

World champion in silent AF cameras is the Konica Hexar Black. If you put it
in its Silent Mode, even your neighbour in the theatre can't hear it. Most
likely you won't hear it either - to be sure the exposure is made you better
put it in MF mode.

hnz