Re: [OM] flash color temperature of illuminator light bulbs ?

Subject: Re: [OM] flash color temperature of illuminator light bulbs ?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:57:46 -0800
After searching for quite some time and finally purchuasing one of
this nice T28 macro setups for a nice price I'm wondering about:
Does any one know what color temperature the extra illuminator light bulbs
in the T28, T8, T10 macro flashes have ?
The flash bulb color temperatur is 5800 (according to the manuals).
But the helping illuminator bulbs ? I have not found any source for this info.
Any one done a measurement with a color-meter ?

Rudy
 Berlin/Germany

Why would the color temperature of the illuminator bulbs matter? My understanding is that they are there so that you can make a visual prediction of the final flash effect. They are not supposed to be on for the picture, are they?

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA