Re: [OM] film death watch

Subject: Re: [OM] film death watch
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:38:00 EST
Jim, John,

I'll try ProLab soon, and report.  Just got back $60+ in reprints today from
Bartells (then of course today they drop to 3 for 99 cents!).  Use them
because they are just up the street, but I miss the quality I have gotten in
the past from Kodak.  Have never tried pro developers, but am looking forward
to it.

I'm not going to wring my hands over the digital vs. film situation.  VHS
survives, I think, because it is ubiquitous.  It wasn't supposed to last this
long.  35mm film is ubiquitous.  And as someone mentioned (Chris?), new films
will come out that up the ante.

Anybody have comments re: pro developers vs. mailing off to Kodak?

Rich