Re: [OM] FW: Olympus OM-2n w/ Quartz Recordata Back 3 Ex+

Subject: Re: [OM] FW: Olympus OM-2n w/ Quartz Recordata Back 3 Ex+
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 01:49:33 -0500
Dear Gary,

This reminds me of the Tar Baby story...

Tom

On 8 Jan 2001, at 17:37, sayeth Gary Reese <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Rextex writes:
>
> << Without access to electrical power or phone service for over two
> weeks now - 'inquiries / questions' (things in general)  have just been
> hard if not impossible to respond to. >>
>
> He was able to post auctions on Dec. 20 and 31 and was able to write me
> on Dec. 24 and Brian on Jan 8. Others may have intermediate dates which
> further debunk this broad time period claim.
>
> << There is a third auction in which I described a lens as MINT / NEW in
> which a 200mm f/4 lens was shipped in error and was less than MINT or
> NEW. I sent the correct lens (MINT - no blemish, mark etc. and still
> with the original 'Passed' sticker on it) and this Buyer (a DR. in
> California)
> subsequently refused this lens after three weeks of usage - and returned
> a different lens, even 'dented', and most certainly not the one that I
> shipped
> to him (which was a perfect MINT/NEW 200mm f/4 Lens) and is simply
> trying to get to me - I am returning "HIS" 'DOG' lens this morning. >>
>
> And now it is clear why I publically recommend matching serial numbers.
> I have .jpg's of the "MINT/NEW" lens, which I rate as 9 (KEH=Ex) due to
> aperture ring brassing and a lens hood ding.
>
> << It will eventually sell, and the people that you are talking with
> 'somewhere' - wherever that is - will still talk as they really don't
> have very much else to do. >>
>
> I KNOW that is obliquely directed towards me. And I DON'T have anymore
> time for him or his issues, of which I've been involved in so far as
> giving invited third party assessment.

Tom Trottier <TomATrottier@ home.com> ICQ: 57647974
        Abacurial Information Technology Consulting
400 Slater St. Suite 415, Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7S7
    __o  +1 613 291-1168 fax:594-5412 (877)247-8796
 _ \ <    Vote for your favourite Olympus camera at
(+)/'(+)   http://www.freevote.com/booth/fav_camera
   Mensa Ottawa: http://www.egroups.com/MensaOttawa