[OM] Re: Difference between manual & auto extension tubes

Subject: [OM] Re: Difference between manual & auto extension tubes
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 10:14:30 -0800
It refers to diaphragm operation. With Auto extension tubes the diaphragm of
the lens works like normal - wide open to focus/compose and then stops down to
what you set it to for taking the photo. On a manual tube you have manually
open up the diaphragm to focus and remember to manually stop it down for your
photo. Personally I would stay away from the manual tubes, unless they were
REALLY CHEAP and you were only going to use them VERY RARELY.  Macro
photography can be challenging enough without making it more difficult.

Jim Couch