Re: [OM] Straps for OMs

Subject: Re: [OM] Straps for OMs
From: "c.e.packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 22:33:06 -0600
Ray Moth wrote:

> Wayne wrote:
>
> By the way the colour is black - nice match for the OM-2SP.
>
> > however the OM-2SP has a woven nylon (?) strap about 1cm
> > wide at the narrow sections (where it attaches to the body) widening
> > about 2cm where the strap sits on the back of my neck.  The wide
> section
> > also has a soft (leather ?) part sown on to it, and the word
> "OLYMPUS" in
> > thick stitching at each end of the wide section.  Does anyone know if
> this

> Wayne, I bought my OM-2S new in 1985 and it came with the strap you
> describe. I like the strap, always use it and it still looks like new.
> I don't know if you can still buy them new, though.
>
> Regards,
>
> =====

KEH has a strap with a vaugely similar description, no picture though.
http://www.keh.com/shop/product.cfm?bid=OM&cid=34&sid=newused&crid=1397655

It might be similar to the strap that came with a combination birthday,
Christmas and because I'm a such a sweetheart and swell guy gift,  except
"OLYMPUS" is stamped at either end of the stiffer outer part of the leather
section.
I named it Spot. 8^)))))))))))))))))))))

U.S. Zuikoholic Alert!!!  The Federal Reserve Bank lowered the interest
rate!
Charles P.