[OM] New Year finds wallet open already

Subject: [OM] New Year finds wallet open already
From: mnmitch <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 11:08:04 +0000
Well the new year has arrived and I have already added to my Zuiko lens
collection.
I ran into the owner of the little camera shop where I purchased my
40mmf2 for $40, at the
Liberty Bowl football game last week. I recommended him as the
photographer for the bowl sponsor and he got the gig. Well the first
thing I let him know was that I had recommended him to the Bowl director
and he was very pleased as he made $1000 for 8 hours work. Anyway,
he lets me know that he just got in a entire OM kit and it had all kinds
of goodies. 21mm f2
was all I really heard. I've wanted one of those lenses for sooo long. I
went over to his shop yesterday and looked over the items and they were
all very nice.Black OM2s,T45 flash and MD2 with chargers, Databack 4's
in the boxes, 50mm f3.5,85-250 f5, 35-105 f4, Varimagner finder with
case, all kinds of misc. stuff and the 21mm f2. Every bit of this stuff
is just like new.  Well after all the wheeling and dealing, I walked out
with the 21 f2, Varimagni Finder, half dozen Olympus filters including
the thin uv's and polarisers in 49mm and 55mm sizes for $500. Not a
great deal but I think I got my money's worth and that's what matters.
The only thing he wouldn't throw in was the grip strap off the T45
flash, I've been wanting one of those for a long time also.
Now all I have to do is explain to the kids that the Play Station 2 that
they got for Christmas broke all of a sudden and had to be returned for
a refund. I'm SOOO Bad.

later,
mike m.