Re: [OM] Re: Advice on vivitar lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Advice on vivitar lens
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 11:09:46 +0800
I didn't have the Vivitar, but the Zuiko 35-105 that I have is very
sharp in all focal length even wide open. Slightly fall off found at
105 end at portrait distance, don't know about infinity yet (took only
around one roll up to now). But beware for portrait, you had better
use a softer, unless your model has baby skin. A very high resolution
lens with quite strong in color. One of my friend he is a nature
photogarpher, he said he got weird color when use with it Fuji Velvia,
but Kodak Elite is fine, some of my Fuji Provia F shots also looked
good.

In the pass I only concern on linear distortion, resolution and fall
off, now I know a lens with bad color will be much worse. Such as the
old Sigma 16 fisheye, the color is very poor. I also don't like the
color/contrast of Zuiko 28/2.8, the newly acquired 28/3.5 SC seems
better in this area, but only get around one roll with it, can't
conclude yet.

C.H.Ling