Re: [OM] Everyone's opinion

Subject: Re: [OM] Everyone's opinion
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 09:34:28 -0500
Dear Chris,

Happy New Year!

On 1 Jan 2001, at 0:41, sayeth Chris Stinson <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hey,
>
> Thanks for everyone's opinions far. I really appreciate people taking the
> time to lend their expertise to a new guy.
>
> I ran across a couple cameras today, a 2s body for $400 cdn and a 4t for
> $550 cdn. I also came across a zuiko 50mm f1.8 lens for $30 cdn. Prices
> good, bad?

4T is good, 50mm is par (Lots selling on ebay, but with postage/tax
cost much the same. 2s? You can check ebay completed auctions for 30
days for comparisons.

4T is probably best, as it is repairable, has multi-spot. But 2s has
a program mode.

Tom

> Also, I was wondering about the lenses being multicoated. *If* they are
> multicoated, will they usually have a green tint when held up to light?

Single-coats usually have different colours from each lens surface.

Tom
 Tom Trottier <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx> ICQ: 57647974
        Abacurial Information Technology Consulting
400 Slater St. Suite 415, Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7S7
    __o  +1 613 291-1168 fax:594-5412 (877)247-8796
 _ \ <    Vote for your favourite Olympus camera at
(+)/'(+)   http://www.freevote.com/booth/fav_camera
   Mensa Ottawa: http://www.egroups.com/MensaOttawa