Re: [OM] brighter viewfinders

Subject: Re: [OM] brighter viewfinders
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 18:03:51 +0100
Hallo Machiel,

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 10:47:05AM +0100, Machiel wrote:
> Interesting stuff. (I was the one who changed the screens in his 4T's to a
> 2-4 and a 2-13.  And in the OM1 to a Beattie).
> I can't be scientific about it - all I know is what I see and I see a world
> of a difference.  However, there may be more subjective angles to it than I
> had realised.
> Like:  my OM1 is 25 years old - for many reasons the viewfinder may have
> gotten less bright.  Or this:  here in Holland it is not as bright out as in
> some other blessed places where you guys and girls live.  I notice the
> difference mostly in low light:  indoors or late/early in the day.

Yes, you can jude the difference only when you tried it in low light.

> The OM1 with such a bright finder is great.  My repairman says it is no
> problem to change the metering inside, for him just a bit of finding out, he
> says that in the factory anyone could do it in a couple of minutes (because
> they know how the system was set originally).  He'd charge about $ 25 to do
> it.
For me a bright viewfinder is  importend too (I liky my F2-primes). I have a
OM1 and a OM2s.
While only having series one focusing screen`s I liked both the same.
But since the OM2S viewfinder is definitely brighter, due to a 2-13 screen,
The main reason to use the OM-1 is gone.
My question is:
How significant the change of the brightness of a OM-1 viewfinder
 with a Beatty-interscreen?

Thanks,

Frieder Faig
Germany