[OM] Kalimar

Subject: [OM] Kalimar
From: DON GAIKINS <dgaikins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 13:59:51 -0600
I have recently acquired a Kalimar model TW-3600 Automatic, Zoom Bounce,
Swivel Thyristor Twin Electronic Flash.  Wow!

I have only taken a few pictures with this strobe.  The pictures came
out quite dark.  I am not sure if this is because the flash was not set
properly or if it was because of the type of lighting that was in the
room.  I am having several more rolls processed now and will se if they
are any better.

Have any of the other list members had any experience with this flash?
Is it a good quality strobe?  It looks very much like a Vivitar and is
made in China.  It has a slide bar on the front that has several
different type of openings to reduce the amount of light that can get to
the thyristor.  This is used in conjunction with the zoom and aperture
setting.

What can you tell me about Kalimar products in general?
--
Don Gaikins
W0VM