Re: [OM] How I got the filter off.. No, I'm not proud...

Subject: Re: [OM] How I got the filter off.. No, I'm not proud...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 10:08:13 -0700
At 07:10 PM 12/22/00 -0800, Albert Yang wrote:
OK, so this bastard of a filter was stuck.

[snip]

I went into my gun toolchest, took out my Breakfree CLP, and sprayed
it around the rim, gave it a few minutes to settle in, and tada!!!

Now it rides like it was on rails.  Hmmm, I wonder why that was never
discussed in the FAQ's...  How the world went without CLP, I don't
know...

Albert:

As a former gun owner (and being Canadian, that's increasingly hard to do in a country paranoid to the point of irrationality about guns), Breakfree CLP was one of the best things I ever discovered.

For the other List members perhaps not in-the-know, Breakfree CLP is a synthetic lubricant specifically designed (originally) to meet U.S. military specs for a lubricant that can withstand heat, mechanical shock (from explosion) and high pressure, while providing superior lubrication and excellent cleaning capabilities. In Canada, sadly, I've only ever seen it in gun stores, but it oughta be available in every Canadian Tire in the land. Comes in squeeze bottles of various sizes as well as pressurized spray cans. Makes 3-in-1, Slick 50, and WD-40 (not to mention the myriad of 'knock-off' products) look like the crap they truly are.

Good on ya, mate!

Garth

"Q: What's long and hard on a Canadian?
 A: Winter."