Re: [OM] Tokina? Filters..

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokina? Filters..
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:37:12 -0800
I just purchased a Tamron 28-200 for many of the same uses as you listed.
I think it will be a great lens for cycle touring and alpine climbing. For
rock climbing I have been real happy with my 35-70 zuiko as it is compact
and has a very useful range when climbing. Occasionaly I wish for
something longer when rock climbing, but the light weight and compatness
is hard to give up. Truth be told, years ago I realized that about 75-80%
of my climbing shots while on the rock were at 35, so now I often carry
the OM with longer lenses for shots from the base and an Olympus XA (which
has a nice 35 lens) while on the climbs.

I will try to give you a report on my impressions of the Tamron after I
have actually used it some. The lens is relativly light and seems to be
well built, but I have yet to actaully take any pictures with it!

Jim Couch