[OM] med format trade?

Subject: [OM] med format trade?
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 01:45:51 -0400
OK, so all I've convinced myself of here is that I need to find out more about the world of medium format before I commit big $$ to a new outfit.

So here's an interesting proposal for y'all to consider.

Ever wished you could exchange that old medium format collecting dust on your shelf for something OM? Well, now's your chance.

I'd be willing to offer a user condition OM-1 black for a medium format camera, preferably a TLR, SLR, or Box body with enough accessories for me to shoot film with it. I don't care what condition it's in or format dimensions, so long as it takes good pictures & works properly. I'd consider any brand... even some russian knock-off so long as it's not a fold-out.

Here's the list of what's wrong with the OM-1... keeping in mind that everything works, the shutter's accurate, and the meter is OK.
-some engraving on back of top plate.
-some brassing over the lugs
-will soon need new foam on the back
-minor prism separation that doesn't affect shooting
-the fp/x switch is glued to the X position with a bead of epoxy
-the supplied screen has cropping marks drawn on it - doesn't affect operation. -when you open the back, you have to advance a frame to get the counter to rewind. I suspect the mechanism needs cleaning.

Everything else is tip-top.  It even has the original black MD cover.
If anyone's interested in this as a back-up body(what I used it for till I got an OM-101) or as a user camera on those trips where the 4Ti dare not go, contact me off-list.

Best regards,
-Mike