[OM] Anybody ever hear of Zuiho? Can Japanese listmembers answer?

Subject: [OM] Anybody ever hear of Zuiho? Can Japanese listmembers answer?
From: Kelton Rhoads <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 09:11:03 -0800
In order to please my wife, I went with her to browse an antique store.*
While browsing disinterestly, I spied a pair of binoculars branded:

 ZUIHO Tokyo, No. 1603, 7x50.

Does anybody know if there's a relation to Zuiko, here? Could any of our
Japanese listmembers answer this question?

(*Editorial comment: I used to enjoy going to antique stores years ago,
but have stopped because of what I call "eBay blight," the absence of
most anything either branded or desireable in them. For this I blame eBay
fever; it's my opinion that when the big eBay gold rush started, local
dealers decimated their shelves of everything that could be found by an
ebay search engine--the branded and the desireable--leaving their shelves
laden with the unbranded and the nondescript. Now that eBay is adjusting
downward, finding realistic market values for items, I predict that we'll
see antique stores around the country drying up and blowing away. There
must be many customers like me who used to enjoy the "hunt" but who no
longer believe that shopping for antiques in the post eBay world is worth
the effort, since the hit rate is so low. I haven't seen a selection of
classic cameras in an antique store in years, feeling lucky if I find a
single Kodak in an entire store; yet antique stores used to be fertile
hunting grounds in the mid 1990s.)