[OM] Re: om-1 v. om-2

Subject: [OM] Re: om-1 v. om-2
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:14:13 -0500

>Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:06:24 -0800
>From: "Albert Yang" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] OM-1 vs OM-2 continued
>
>So my question is, any of you experience where a camera that was
>electronics dependent had failed where a fully mechanical one didn't?

It's common for the OM-4 to fail in freezing temperatures. Get an om-1 or an
OM-3 if you are really concerned about this. Most photos are taken in fair
weather, so it's only the really extreme shutterbugs that worry about this.

>Am I being too paranoid by 1 bad experience, or is my paranoia
>against electronics just that... paranoia?

No, you're not paranoid. It is an entirely reasonable thing to consider. If
you need OTF TTL flash or ambient exposure, you have no choice but to get the
OM-2. Otherwise, get an OM-1.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright