[OM] Re 350mm filters and lens protection

Subject: [OM] Re 350mm filters and lens protection
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 14:48:26 EST
I have/had a mint 35/70 zoom.  Mounted on the front was a UV filter and a
lens cap when I dropped it mounted on an OM-1n.  The cap was jammed back into
the filter and could not be removed.  I had to trash them.  The front of the
lens barrel has a nick in it now.  It is still fine and no damage to the
front of the glass itself.  I don't want to think what would have happened if
it hadn't been protected.

I agree with removing the filter for critical work, but it is worthwhile to
keep one on otherwise.

Dave Dougherty

P.S.  The OM-1n body was bullet proof as usual