[OM] OM2s shutter strings?

Subject: [OM] OM2s shutter strings?
From: William Biesele <william@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 21:53:54 -0700
My wife took the OM2s on vacation a while back. Many of the photos came
back with a dark unfocused loop in one corner. I remembered a thread on
this list about the deadly 'flying shutter strings' and figured the 2s
may need a little work.

The local Olympus authorized repair shop called and said they could find
nothing wrong with the camera except the higher shutter speeds were off
a little. They suggest a CLA, but did not mention the shutter strings.

Is my memory failing me? Did I make up the flying shutter strings? To
help the repair shop: When does the shutter string fly? Is it dependent
on shutter speed? If so what speed is more likely to show the symptom?
If the flying strings are a figment of my imagination what else could
cause the unfocused loop?

Thanks in advance.

Bill B.