Re: [OM] Battery Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery Question
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:04:27 EST
In a message dated 12/7/00 10:15:01 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> What's a PX-625A battery?  I'm pretty sure the "A" stands for
> but does anyone know what voltage it is?
>
> Chris:

Alkaline...1.5V. John H. and others recommend against using them.
They begin to fall off in voltage as as you use them and continue to
do so until voltage falls below usable levels...unlike mercury batteries
which keep a pretty constant voltage until they quit.

Best to check with the tech who did the conversion and ask what
battery voltage his conversion was designed to use. It should use the
357 silver oxide battery...1.5V. Perhaps he just didn't have a 357
on hand.

Robert