(Fwd) Re: [OM]Efficient list reading

Subject: (Fwd) Re: [OM]Efficient list reading
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:18:05 +0000

Lex Jenkins wrote:

>So I technically uns*ubscribed from the list but follow it almost >daily
>via the archived digests.  This method is much, much faster than >using my
>Hotmail account and allows faster scrolling and more >efficient searches
>for specific topics or keywords.  I'd guesstimate >it takes less than half
>the time it used to for me to keep up with the >list now.

I did the same for a while, but res..scribed not long ago. My link beats
yours any - 19.2k on a good day. It seems this list is on the verge of
going terminally OT with talk of greenhouse gases and pollution :-(  No-one
is going to win any arguments with this thread. I had 3 digests yesterday
so it looks like I might have to go back to picking them up from the web.

For even less online time you can save the page - in IE or NN either
right-click on the digest link and "save target as..." or open it and then
File - Save As. You can read it offline, saving pennies for something more
useful than lining the pockets of rich telephone companies.

Simon E.