[OM] Zuiko's, emissions, etc.

Subject: [OM] Zuiko's, emissions, etc.
From: "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 00:25:08
In regard to the recent posting of emissions of various countries, while in India 3 years ago, I cleaned my protective filters every 2 - 3 days. The cars and small vehicles there produce an incredible ammount of pollution. Lenses and camera bodies would have a film over them quickly in dense combustion motor areas... bad, bad, bad.... It has to be experienced.. It's choking at times. (I would imagine like Los Angeles in the 70's when we had the big road hogs...)

I wish wealthy countries would help poorer countries with tooling for efficient engines. Peru really needs clean engines as well. After all, if we can exploit their manpower and resources, we might as well give back to them.

james.