[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2014

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2014
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:02:06 -0600
------------------------------

> Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000
> From: George <gmg8@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [OM] XA Questions

> I pick up a used XA on ebay a while back. All seems to work fine
> but i do have gooey seals in it. more importantly i can see a speck
> of dust or something on the inside of the lens when looking in from
> the back side.

> 2. what can I do about the dust speck in the lens.

> George Mable
> Renton, WA.

George, I would say, "Don't sweat it."  My XA is so old and well-used that
there  is a galaxy of dust inside the lens, and it still takes great shots.
In fact, the rangefinder image is completely obscured and the meter needle
never moves because of the dust, but since the actual exposure system still
functions, I just guess focus.  My seals are not gooey, and who knows, it
might be because I put Armor-All on it from time to time (just a little).
I open up the bottom, front, and top plates of the camera every few years
to clean out some dust, but  the RF is too far gone to come back.  Use and
enjoy; the XA is one of my treasures.

Alan Magayne-Roshak