Re: [OM] The elusive f2: aperture scale inaccuracy?

Subject: Re: [OM] The elusive f2: aperture scale inaccuracy?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 11:36:38
If I'm understanding the contention of the fellow who's dumping his OM gear, he's confused by the positioning of the f/stop markings on the aperture ring. They're an approximation at best on most lenses - at least in terms of what one might expect of scientific instruments - but more than close enough for a camera.

Using the camera's TTL metering won't prove or disprove anything - especially with the OMs having auto-exposure when used in auto mode (which is the best way to obtain the use of incremental apertures and/or shutter speeds). It would have to be compared against exposures set based on incident or separate spot metering.

Sounds like a non-issue to me.
Lex Jenkins
"It is a mystery wrapped in a riddle shrouded in an enigma powdered
with a paradox with little shiny sprinkles of bemusement on top."