[OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #2004 - Re: Roll Call Australia

Subject: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #2004 - Re: Roll Call Australia
From: "Chung, Stephen" <chungs@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 17:53:04 +1000
HVW Wrote:-

> Sending two simple commands to the list server learns me that
> there are
> currently 234 people su*bscribed to the list, and 346 to the
> digest. If
> there are no duplicates it would make a grand total of 580.
>
> I guess the silent majority prefers to remain silent...
>
> hnz

Greetings Oly Faithful,

Many moons have passed since I posted to the list and alas, as Hans
suggests, it is indeed easier to remain inactive because in my case at
least:-

 - got no more questions to ask

 - got at best, the same or less useful answers to give

However in the spirit of roll call:-

I'm Stephen Chung,
of Glen Waverley, Melbourne Australia

Joined list 97, (shortly after getting first camera)

First Camera - Pentax MZ(ZX)50, don't know what I was thinkin, long since
reassigned to my Wife.

OM Gear - a fairly useful collection of Zuikos and a few OM's

Other Gear - a bunch of prehistoric MF folding cameras, a host of enlargers
and print/film processing gear.

Latest acquisition - Kiev 6c rollfilm SLR and a bunch of lenses.

My MO:-
I'm as hands on as I can be, the act of fiddlin and fussin around with old
manual cameras to make an exposure is what I like to do.  I like to do my
own E6, Ilfochrome, RA4 and B&W processing because I enjoy it....well maybe
enjoy is a bit strong for RA4 - make that tolerate it.  After all that, if I
manage to come up with good picture that's a bonus mate, if not, well I had
a hell of a good time along the way at least.

Through the Oly list:-
I've got a number of nice Zuikos (thanks Alex D. if you're still out there),
and met in person a number of top blokes (Hi Foxy, Andrew F., Peter D. and
Wayne H.).
Plus I had the privilege to speak on the phone to the Great One - Gary
Schloss, many moons ago while in the USofA. Man I was so awestruck at the
time, I didn't know what to say - sorry about that GS.

Some tips:-
The 49mm Hoya rubber Zoom lens hood appears to handle more than the stated
35mm wide limit,  I don't see vignetting with it mounted on a 21 f3.5 -
YMMV.

The Flare Buster from Granview (sp?) is a more effective for shading 21mm
and shorter focal lengths than most lens hoods I've come across and includes
a couple o dandy silver and gold reflector cards for macro work.  Bit fiddly
to setup but, hey, that's right up my alley - YMMV.

As far as I can tell, its a complete waste of time reversing an 80mm Zuiko
Macro on yer bellows - YMMV

Finally, its your fault not mine, if your mileage varies, but then again -
YMMV.

So long (for now), thanks for all the Posts, and Regards
SC.

PS. Dare I say, should there be any working examples of the E10 around, ten
years or more from now, I may be interested.