Re: [OM] Troublesome Deals

Subject: Re: [OM] Troublesome Deals
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 20:54:17 -0800 (PST)
Kelton Rhoads wrote:

This email caused me pain because I feel partially responsible. Do
y'all remember a few digests back when I said there was a seller who
sold me a "mint/new" 200mm f/4 that was actually condition 8-9, and I
wondered where to get the word out? I asked if this list was an
appropriate place to post that type of information. The consensus was
that this list was *not* the place to air dirty laundry.
Kelton, I don't know how you got that impression. Many people in the
past have posted warnings to this List about troublesome deals and
dodgy dealers. I don't remember any adverse reactions to such posts.
IMHO, if someone posts such a warning it is because he/she genuinely
wants to save unsuspecting fellow List members from falling into the
same trap; there's nothing wrong with that!

Regards,

=====
Ray