Re: [OM] OM 1 Question - 1.35V Battery

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 1 Question - 1.35V Battery
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:12:46 -0600
Not only with the meter be off, you may damage it.  Just ask somebody on list
to sell you the proper mercury battery.  Members have been great at helping out
with this.  I have bought mine from Gary Schloss in the US and others have
gotten them from Canadian and European members.

Joel W.

  Can you use the Alkaline 1.5V battery as opposed to the 1.35V Mercury cell.
  Will it give accurate readings and will it mess up your camera. Thanks in
  advance for letting me tap into this wondeful shared body of knowledge.  Bill
  Barber