[OM] Availability of user manuals from Oly USA

Subject: [OM] Availability of user manuals from Oly USA
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 06:58:31 -0500
I have recently purchased some used gear from list members which came
sans manuals so I called Oly USA at 800-221-3000.  The woman answering
the phone was courteous and helpful but not very knowledgeable of the
full OM product line as I had to explain to her in some great detail
what is a "bounce grip 2".  Once I explained what it is and what it
looked like she was apparently able to find it in some list or catalog.

I requested manuals for the bounce grip 2, T-32 and Stylus Epic Zoom 80
with quartz date feature. She advised me that the last two were in stock
and should arrive in about 1 week and that the bounce grip 2 manual was
on order but expected to arrive soon.

Much to my surprise the T-32 and Stylus Epic manuals did arrive in about
5 days.  The Stylus Epic manual was original.  The T-32 manual was a
photocopy but well done, folded and saddle stitched. The bounce grip 2
manual arrived a few days later and is also an original.

I know some of you have complained that getting manuals out of Oly USA
was not a pleasant process but this is my second request and the first
one also went as smoothly as this one.

ps:  Thanks to Brian Huber and Gary Reese for the gear.  It all looks
and works well and everything came at a very fair price.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA