[OM] (OM) Motor Drive Caps

Subject: [OM] (OM) Motor Drive Caps
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:53:16 EST
I'll take my OM1 or 2S in to work tomorrow and show the motor drive cap to
the old timers (machinists) and see what their opinions are .

Nylon would seem to be a good replacement.  There are shops in the area here
that specialize in plastics and just might be able to make a darned fine one,
and might be interested in making a run of them, if someone would be willing
to buy a large enough lot.  Collector/purists, of course, will want ORIGINAL
metal, but for the rest of us, black nylon for black bodies, silver nylon for
chrome bodies would sure beat tape.

And surely Olympus would respond to enough customer interest?  Might cost
mucho peso, though.